By Anthony C. Thiselton
- Addresses questions about the content material, environment, and authenticity of the 2 Thessalonian letters, drawing on responses from top students, poets, hymn writers, preachers, theologians, and biblical students during the ages
- Offers new insights into matters they increase relating feminist biblical interpretation.
- Provides a background of two-way impacts, as exemplified by way of Ulrich Luz, Hans Robert Jauss, and Hans-Georg Gadamer
- Written through Anthony Thiselton, a number one commentator at the Greek New Testament
Read Online or Download 1 and 2 Thessalonians Through the Centuries (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries) PDF
Best christian reference books
This wide-ranging Reader offers a entire survey of the interplay among postcolonial feedback and bible study. Examines how a number of empires comparable to the Persian and Roman affected biblical narratives. Demonstrates how varied biblical writers equivalent to Paul, Matthew and Mark dealt with the demanding situations of empire.
Outdated testomony Theology offers a foundational instrument for a theological analyzing of the previous testomony. within the book's vital chapters, John Kessler delineates six differing representations of the divine-human courting, with detailed emphasis at the form of reaction each inspires from the folks of God.
The Liber Regularum, written by means of Tyconius within the Fourth Century A. D. , was once the 1st approach of biblical interpretation proposed through a Latin theologian. Augustine used to be very attracted to this paintings and integrated a unprecedented summation of it in his De doctrina christiana. even supposing this remedy insured the upkeep of the paintings and its lasting reputation, Augustine's precis turned higher recognized than the unique.
The Psalter as Witness considers the complexity of the Psalms in addition to their position in bearing witness to the theological claims that include Israel’s traditions. whereas no unmarried quantity can without difficulty seize the complete diversity of the Psalter’s theology, those chapters offer rich reflection on major issues in chosen psalms, in collections of psalms, or even around the constitution of the Psalter itself.
- From Tomb to Text: The Body of Jesus in the Book of John
- The Apocalyptic Son of Man in the Gospel of John (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- Womanist Interpretations of the Bible: Expanding the Discourse (Semeia Studies Book 85)
- Galatians Re-Imagined: Reading With the Eyes of the Vanquished (Paul in Critical Contexts)
- The Book of Proverbs, Chapters 15-31 (New International Commentary on the Old Testament)
- Jesus the Miracle Worker: A Historical and Theological Study
Additional resources for 1 and 2 Thessalonians Through the Centuries (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries)
1 and 2 Thessalonians Through the Centuries (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries) by Anthony C. Thiselton