By Helen Wilcox
- Represents an exploration of a 12 months within the textual lifetime of early smooth England
- Juxtaposes the diversity and variety of texts that have been released, performed, learn, or heard within the comparable 12 months, 1611
- Offers an account of the textual tradition of the yr 1611, the surroundings of language, and the guidelines from which the accepted model of the English Bible emerged
Read or Download 1611: Authority, Gender and the Word in Early Modern England PDF
Similar british & irish contemporary literature books
This assortment discusses British and Irish lifestyles writings by means of ladies within the interval 1700-1850. It argues for the significance of women's lifestyles writing as a part of the tradition and perform of eighteenth-century and Romantic auto/biography, exploring the advanced relationships among structures of femininity, existence writing kinds and versions of authorship.
Overlaying a variety of journal paintings, together with modifying, representation, poetry, needlework guide and typesetting, this e-book offers clean insights into the participation of girls within the nineteenth-century journal industry.
Drawing upon contemporary scholarship in Renaissance reports relating to notions of the physique, political, actual and social, this learn examines how the satiric tragedians of the English Renaissance hire the languages of intercourse - together with sexual slander, titillation, insinuation and obscenity - within the provider of satiric aggression.
‘Before Einstein’ brings jointly past scholarship within the box of nineteenth-century literature and technological know-how and significantly expands upon it, providing the 1st book-length examine of not just the clinical and cultural context of the spatial fourth size, but additionally the literary worth of 4-dimensional idea.
- The American Experiment and the Idea of Democracy in British Culture, 1776–1914 (Ashgate Series in Nineteenth-Century Transatlantic Studies)
- Silence and Subject in Modern Literature: Spoken Violence
- Ramus, Pedagogy and the Liberal Arts: Ramism in Britain and the Wider World
- A Poetics of Postmodernism and Neomodernism: Rewriting Mrs Dalloway
Additional info for 1611: Authority, Gender and the Word in Early Modern England
1611: Authority, Gender and the Word in Early Modern England by Helen Wilcox