By Susan Schreibman,Ray Siemens,John Unsworth
- Contains 37 unique articles written by means of leaders within the field.
- Addresses the important issues shared via these drawn to the subject.
- Major sections concentrate on the adventure of specific disciplines in using computational how to learn difficulties; the fundamental ideas of humanities computing; particular purposes and strategies; and construction, dissemination and archiving.
- Accompanied via an internet site that includes supplementary fabrics, general readings within the box and essays to be incorporated in destiny versions of the Companion.
Read or Download A Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar computers & technology books
This spouse deals a radical, concise assessment of the rising box of humanities computing. comprises 37 unique articles written by way of leaders within the box. Addresses the significant issues shared through these attracted to the topic. significant sections specialize in the event of specific disciplines in utilizing computational the way to learn difficulties; the elemental rules of humanities computing; particular functions and techniques; and creation, dissemination and archiving.
This booklet relates modern info and conversation applied sciences (ICT) to their particular educating and studying features, together with how ICT is appropriated for and through academic or studying groups. The technological "hot spots" of curiosity during this booklet comprise: groupware or multi-user applied sciences resembling team files or synchronous co-construction environments, embedded interactive applied sciences within the spirit of ubiquitous computing, and modeling instruments in line with wealthy representations.
Electronic gaming is this day an important fiscal phenomenon in addition to being an intrinsic a part of a convergent media tradition in postmodern societies. Its ubiquity, in addition to the sheer quantity of hours adolescents spend gaming, may still make it ripe for pressing educational enquiry, but the topic was once a learn backwater till the flip of the millennium.
This publication proposes and validates a knowledge circulate method of reading wisdom co-construction and predicting team functionality within the context of collaborative studying. furthermore, it highlights the significance of socially shared legislation in collaborative studying, and illustrates intimately the way it will be analyzed and promoted.
- Activity Theory, Authentic Learning and Emerging Technologies: Towards a transformative higher education pedagogy (Routledge Research in Higher Education)
- Serious Games: Mechanisms and Effects
- Complex Dynamical Systems in Education: Concepts, Methods and Applications
- The Visual Language of Technique: Volume 1 - History and Epistemology
- An Introduction to Medical Teaching
Additional info for A Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Susan Schreibman,Ray Siemens,John Unsworth