By B. Slonecker
Read Online or Download A New Dawn for the New Left: Liberation News Service, Montague Farm, and the Long Sixties PDF
Similar political history & theory books
This quantity assembles a gaggle of major nearby specialists to formulate the 1st rigorous and complete attention of multiculturalism debates in South and East Asia. via shut exam of pre-colonial traditions, colonial legacies, and post-colonial ideologies, this quantity sheds new mild on spiritual and ethnic clash within the region, and provides a ground-breaking evaluation of what role--if any --the foreign group should still play in selling multiculturalism.
As Harle exhibits, id politics are not anything new. Post-Cold struggle ethnic conflicts and genocides are mere examples in a practice the place political conflicts are obvious as struggles among sturdy and evil. this custom extends from historic Iranian Zoroastrianism and classical Greek political concept as much as latest American, Russian, and eu politics.
This ebook analyzes the ways that US coverage towards Iraq was once dictated by way of America's broader chilly battle approach among 1958 and 1975. whereas so much historians have interested by “hot” chilly struggle conflicts resembling Cuba, Vietnam, and Afghanistan, few have famous Iraq's importance as a chilly conflict battleground.
The participants to this booklet severely research the functionality of latest modes of governance in parts of constrained statehood, drawing on various in-depth case reports on problems with weather swap, biodiversity, and health. The Paris contract for weather swap or the Sustainable improvement targets (SDGs) depend on new modes of governance for implementation.
- Global Governmentality: Governing International Spaces (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)
- Teaching America to the World and the World to America: Education and Foreign Relations since 1870
- Foreign Pressure and the Politics of Autocratic Survival (Oxford Studies in Democratization)
- The Struggle for Power in Early Modern Europe: Religious Conflict, Dynastic Empires, and International Change (Princeton Studies in International History and Politics)
- Revisiting the Origins of Human Rights
Additional info for A New Dawn for the New Left: Liberation News Service, Montague Farm, and the Long Sixties
A New Dawn for the New Left: Liberation News Service, Montague Farm, and the Long Sixties by B. Slonecker