By G. Scott Thomas
This booklet tells the tale of 1960―a tumultuous, transitional yr that unleashed the forces that at last reshaped the yankee kingdom and the whole planet, to the enjoyment of hundreds of thousands and the sorrow of thousands more.
• images of key newsmakers and demanding occasions all year long
• A bibliography with a close directory of greater than four hundred assets, together with oral histories, govt guides, memoirs, and journals
• A finished index through identify and subject
• Footnotes for the entire manuscript
Read Online or Download A New World to Be Won: John Kennedy, Richard Nixon, and the Tumultuous Year of 1960 PDF
Best political history & theory books
This quantity assembles a bunch of major local specialists to formulate the 1st rigorous and complete attention of multiculturalism debates in South and East Asia. via shut exam of pre-colonial traditions, colonial legacies, and post-colonial ideologies, this quantity sheds new mild on non secular and ethnic clash within the quarter, and provides a ground-breaking evaluate of what role--if any --the overseas group may still play in selling multiculturalism.
As Harle exhibits, id politics are not anything new. Post-Cold conflict ethnic conflicts and genocides are mere examples in a practice the place political conflicts are visible as struggles among reliable and evil. this practice extends from historical Iranian Zoroastrianism and classical Greek political concept as much as modern day American, Russian, and ecu politics.
This ebook analyzes the ways that US coverage towards Iraq was once dictated by means of America's broader chilly conflict method among 1958 and 1975. whereas such a lot historians have excited about “hot” chilly struggle conflicts akin to Cuba, Vietnam, and Afghanistan, few have well-known Iraq's importance as a chilly conflict battleground.
The individuals to this booklet severely study the functionality of recent modes of governance in parts of restricted statehood, drawing on quite a number in-depth case stories on problems with weather swap, biodiversity, and health. The Paris contract for weather switch or the Sustainable improvement pursuits (SDGs) depend on new modes of governance for implementation.
- Clausewitz in the Twenty-First Century
- Industrial Policy in Europe after 1945: Wealth, Power and Economic Development in the Cold War
- Ideology and the Theory of Political Choice (Michigan Studies In Political Analysis)
- Before Obama: A Reappraisal of Black Reconstruction Era Politicians [2 volumes]: A Reappraisal of Black Reconstruction Era Politicians
Extra resources for A New World to Be Won: John Kennedy, Richard Nixon, and the Tumultuous Year of 1960
A New World to Be Won: John Kennedy, Richard Nixon, and the Tumultuous Year of 1960 by G. Scott Thomas