By Heidi J. Hornik,Mikeal C. Parsons
Charting the theological and cultural efficiency of Acts around the timespan of Christian heritage, this paintings of profound scholarship unearths the entire quantity of the recent testomony book’s non secular, inventive, literary, and political influence.
- Reveals the impact of Acts at key turning issues within the heritage of the Christian church
- Traces the wealthy and sundry creative and cultural historical past rooted in Acts, from song to literature
- Analyzes the political importance of the publication as a touchstone within the church’s exterior relations
- Provides particular observation at the exegesis of Acts down the centuries
Read Online or Download Acts of the Apostles Through the Centuries (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries) PDF
Similar christian reference books
This wide-ranging Reader presents a finished survey of the interplay among postcolonial feedback and bible study. Examines how a variety of empires comparable to the Persian and Roman affected biblical narratives. Demonstrates how diversified biblical writers corresponding to Paul, Matthew and Mark dealt with the demanding situations of empire.
Previous testomony Theology presents a foundational instrument for a theological analyzing of the outdated testomony. within the book's valuable chapters, John Kessler delineates six differing representations of the divine-human dating, with unique emphasis at the form of reaction each conjures up from the folks of God.
The Liber Regularum, written through Tyconius within the Fourth Century A. D. , used to be the 1st process of biblical interpretation proposed via a Latin theologian. Augustine was once very drawn to this paintings and integrated a unprecedented summation of it in his De doctrina christiana. even supposing this remedy insured the protection of the paintings and its lasting reputation, Augustine's precis grew to become greater recognized than the unique.
The Psalter as Witness considers the complexity of the Psalms in addition to their function in bearing witness to the theological claims that contain Israel’s traditions. whereas no unmarried quantity can without problems catch the entire variety of the Psalter’s theology, those chapters offer rich reflection on major issues in chosen psalms, in collections of psalms, or even around the constitution of the Psalter itself.
- Peter and the Rock (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die neutestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- "Why Ask My Name?": Anonymity and Identity in Biblical Narrative
- First and Second Kings: A Commentary (Old Testament Library)
- Ci è stato dato un figlio: Il libro dell'Emmanuele (Is 6,1–9,6): struttura retorica e interpretazione teologica (Biblioteca di teologia dell'evangelizzaz.) (Italian Edition)
- Christ as the Telos of Life: Moral Philosophy, Athletic Imagery, and the Aim of Philippians (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- Queering the Ethiopian Eunuch: Strategies of Ambiguity in Acts (Emerging Scholars)
Extra resources for Acts of the Apostles Through the Centuries (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries)
Acts of the Apostles Through the Centuries (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries) by Heidi J. Hornik,Mikeal C. Parsons