By Michael D. Breed,Janice Moore
Animal habit, moment version, covers the large sweep of animal habit from its neurological underpinnings to the significance of habit in conservation. The authors, Michael Breed and Janice Moore, convey virtually 60 years of mixed event as college professors to this textbook, a lot of that educating animal habit.
An whole bankruptcy is dedicated to the colourful new box of habit and conservation, together with themes similar to social habit and the connection among parasites, pathogens, and behaviour. considerate insurance has additionally been given to foraging habit, mating and parenting habit, anti-predator habit, and studying.
This textual content addresses the physiological foundations of habit in a fashion that's either available and alluring, with each one bankruptcy starting with studying goals and finishing with thought-provoking questions.
Additionally, unique phrases and definitions are highlighted all through. Animal habit provides a wealthy source for college students (and professors) from a variety of existence technology disciplines.
- Provides a wealthy source for college kids and professors from quite a lot of lifestyles technological know-how disciplines
- Updated and revised chapters, with a minimum of 50% new case experiences and the addition of up to date in-text examples
- Expanded and up to date insurance of animal welfare topics
- Includes habit and homeostatic mechanisms, habit and conservation, and behavioral facets of disease
- Available lab handbook with absolutely constructed and proven laboratory exercises
- Companion web site comprises newly built slide sets/templates (PowerPoints) coordinated with the book
Read Online or Download Animal Behavior PDF
Best developmental biology books
This ebook brings jointly details from fresh examine, and offers new perception into the research of lemur origins, and the ecology and model of either extant and lately extinct lemurs. moreover, it addresses problems with primate behavioral ecology and the way surroundings can play a huge function in explaining species version.
A starting to be majority of ladies within the western hemisphere were delaying initiation of childbearing to later in existence. for that reason, extra girls of their overdue 30s to early 40s are trying to get pregnant for the 1st time than ever earlier than. because the occurrence of cancer raises with age, behind schedule childbearing ends up in extra lady melanoma survivors drawn to fertility renovation.
Nearly any disorder that effects from malfunctioning, broken, or failing tissues can be very likely cured via regenerative medication cures, via both regenerating the broken tissues in vivo, or by way of transforming into the tissues and organs in vitro and implanting them into the sufferer. rules of Regenerative medication discusses the newest advances in know-how and drugs for exchanging tissues and organs broken by means of sickness and of constructing treatments for formerly untreatable stipulations, equivalent to diabetes, middle affliction, liver affliction, and renal failure.
Even supposing the gorilla is our closest residing relative, information regarding its anatomy, and especially its musculature, is scarce. This e-book is the 1st photographic and descriptive musculoskeletal atlas of the gorilla. It comprises top quality photos of musculoskeletal constructions from such a lot anatomical areas of the physique, in addition to textual information regarding the attachments, innervations, and weight of the pronounced muscular tissues.
- Human Embryology and Developmental Biology E-Book: with STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
- Fiber Plants: Biology, Biotechnology and Applications (Sustainable Development and Biodiversity)
- Human Preimplantation Embryo Selection: Volume 5 (Reproductive Medicine and Assisted Reproductive Techniques Series)
- Regulatory Networks in Stem Cells (Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine)
Additional resources for Animal Behavior
Animal Behavior by Michael D. Breed,Janice Moore