By Yun-Bo Shi
This new quantity of Current subject matters in Developmental Biology covers contemporary progresses in our realizing of animal metamorphosis. Over a dozen of major specialists stories stories starting from morphological, molecular to genetic analyses of metamorphosis in a huge spectrum of animals, together with bugs, fish. Topics include molecular evolution in metamorphosis, the synthesis and serve as of hormones in regulating metamorphic timing and cost, law and serve as of nuclear hormone receptors, neuroendocrine keep an eye on of metamorphosis, tissue particular metamorphic occasions akin to autophagy and stem phone improvement, and purposes of genome-wide research applied sciences for learning metamorphosis.
- First complete overview of the metamorphosis in diversified animal species by means of best specialists within the field
- Covers a extensive variety of topics: from morphological alterations, molecular and genetic reports, to state of the art applied sciences for metamorphic reviews; from systematic alterations to tissue particular occasions, comparable to autophagy and stem cellphone improvement, that are parts of large curiosity in modern biomedical research
- Serves as a reference ebook for undergraduate and graduate scholars in fields throughout biology and biomedicine
Read Online or Download Animal Metamorphosis: 103 (Current Topics in Developmental Biology) PDF
Similar developmental biology books
This publication brings jointly details from fresh study, and offers new perception into the examine of lemur origins, and the ecology and variation of either extant and lately extinct lemurs. furthermore, it addresses problems with primate behavioral ecology and the way atmosphere can play an important function in explaining species version.
A turning out to be majority of girls within the western hemisphere were delaying initiation of childbearing to later in lifestyles. for this reason, extra girls of their past due 30s to early 40s are trying to get pregnant for the 1st time than ever earlier than. because the prevalence of cancer raises with age, not on time childbearing leads to extra woman melanoma survivors drawn to fertility maintenance.
Almost any disorder that effects from malfunctioning, broken, or failing tissues could be almost certainly cured via regenerative medication remedies, by means of both regenerating the broken tissues in vivo, or by way of becoming the tissues and organs in vitro and implanting them into the sufferer. rules of Regenerative medication discusses the most recent advances in know-how and medication for changing tissues and organs broken through sickness and of constructing treatments for formerly untreatable stipulations, resembling diabetes, center affliction, liver sickness, and renal failure.
Although the gorilla is our closest residing relative, information regarding its anatomy, and especially its musculature, is scarce. This e-book is the 1st photographic and descriptive musculoskeletal atlas of the gorilla. It comprises fine quality pictures of musculoskeletal buildings from so much anatomical areas of the physique, besides textual information regarding the attachments, innervations, and weight of the pronounced muscle tissues.
- Forces and Tension in Development (Current Topics in Developmental Biology)
- Development of the Inner Ear: 26 (Springer Handbook of Auditory Research)
- Current Topics in Developmental Biology: 32
- Homology: The Hierarchical Basis of Comparative Biology
- Developmental Biology Research in Space (Advances in Space Biology and Medicine)
- Essential Developmental Biology
Additional info for Animal Metamorphosis: 103 (Current Topics in Developmental Biology)
Animal Metamorphosis: 103 (Current Topics in Developmental Biology) by Yun-Bo Shi