By P. Michael Conn
Animal versions for the learn of Human ailment, moment Edition, presents wanted details on version sharing, animal choices, animal ethics and entry to databanks of types, bringing jointly universal descriptions of types for busy researchers throughout biomedical and organic sciences.
Offering simply searchable merits and drawbacks for every animal version and arranged through affliction themes, this source aids researchers to find the easiest animal version for study in human disease.
- Organized through sickness orientation for ease of searchability
- Provides info on finding assets, animal possible choices, and animal ethics
- Covers a extensive diversity of animal versions utilized in study for human disease
- Contributed by means of prime specialists around the globe
- Expanded insurance of diabetes and neurological diseases
Read Online or Download Animal Models for the Study of Human Disease PDF
Similar zoology books
The commonplace eu hive bee, Apis mellifera, has lengthy ruled honey bee learn. yet within the final 15 years, groups in China, Japan, Malaysia, and Thailand started to shift concentration to the indigenous Asian honey bees. Benjamin Oldroyd, popular for his paintings at the genetics and evolution of employee sterility, has teamed with Siriwat Wongsiri, a pioneer of the examine of bees in Thailand, to supply a comparative paintings synthesizing the swiftly increasing Asian honey bee literature.
Immunosenescence is a distinct, multi-disciplinary method of the certainty of immune getting older. It addresses the subject from the organic, in addition to the mental, social and behavioral views. it's, therefore, a helpful and timely addition to the literature during this sector. individuals comprise specialists within the box, reviewing the cutting-edge in examine.
This ebook offers with the function of schooling in bettering animal welfare and decreasing animal pain inflicted via people. It embraces occasions within which people have direct keep watch over over animals orinterfere at once with them, however it considers additionally oblique animal soreness as a result of human actions.
The Heliconius butterflies are one of many vintage platforms in evolutionary biology and feature contributed highly to our realizing of evolution over the past a hundred and fifty years. Their dramatic radiation and noteworthy mimicry has interested biologists because the days of Bates, Wallace, and Darwin. The Ecology and Evolution of Heliconius Butterflies is the 1st thorough and available therapy of the ecology, genetics, and behavior of those butterflies, exploring how they give extraordinary insights into tropical biodiversity.
- The Sensory Ecology of Birds (Oxford Avian Biology)
- Ecological and Environmental Physiology of Mammals (Ecological and Environmental Physiology Series)
- Dale's Principle and Communication between Neurones: Based on a Colloquium of the Neurochemical Group of the Biochemical Society, Held at Oxford University, July 1982
- Echinoderm Research and Diversity in Latin America
- The Stick Insects of Colombia: A catalogue and bibliography with the descriptions of four new genera and 74 new species
Additional resources for Animal Models for the Study of Human Disease
Animal Models for the Study of Human Disease by P. Michael Conn