By Giulio E. Lancioni,Nirbhay N. Singh
The frequent picture of the disabled has a tendency to stress their obstacles and diminished caliber of lifestyles. despite the fact that, many people with cognitive, motor, and different problems also have the capacity to enhance their social interactions, spare time activities and day-by-day actions via assistive expertise. Assistive units from the easy to the subtle, became necessary to intervention courses for this inhabitants. and never unusually the numbers of units on hand are turning out to be steadily.
Assistive applied sciences for individuals with different Abilities bargains specialist research of pertinent matters coupled with sensible dialogue of recommendations for powerful aid. Its entire literature assessment describes present and rising units and provides evidence-based instructions for matching promising applied sciences to contributors. software results are assessed, as are their strength impression at the way forward for the sphere. additionally, chapters offer unique descriptions of the private and social wishes of the widest diversity of people with congenital and bought stipulations, together with:
- Acquired mind damage.
- Communication impairment.
- Attention and studying problems (with certain specialise in collage students).
- Visual impairment and blindness.
- Autism spectrum disorders.
- Behavioral and occupational disorders.
- Alzheimer's disease.
- Severe, profound and a number of impairments.
The scope and intensity of assurance makes Assistive applied sciences for individuals with various Abilities a useful source for researchers, execs and graduate scholars in developmental psychology, rehabilitation medication, academic expertise, occupational remedy, speech pathology and medical psychology.
Read or Download Assistive Technologies for People with Diverse Abilities (Autism and Child Psychopathology Series) PDF
Similar computers & technology books
This spouse bargains an intensive, concise review of the rising box of humanities computing. includes 37 unique articles written by way of leaders within the box. Addresses the vital issues shared via these drawn to the topic. significant sections specialise in the event of specific disciplines in employing computational easy methods to study difficulties; the elemental ideas of humanities computing; particular purposes and techniques; and construction, dissemination and archiving.
This e-book relates modern info and verbal exchange applied sciences (ICT) to their particular educating and studying services, together with how ICT is appropriated for and by way of academic or studying groups. The technological "hot spots" of curiosity during this e-book contain: groupware or multi-user applied sciences similar to staff documents or synchronous co-construction environments, embedded interactive applied sciences within the spirit of ubiquitous computing, and modeling instruments according to wealthy representations.
Electronic gaming is this present day an important fiscal phenomenon in addition to being an intrinsic a part of a convergent media tradition in postmodern societies. Its ubiquity, in addition to the sheer quantity of hours teenagers spend gaming, may still make it ripe for pressing educational enquiry, but the topic used to be a study backwater until eventually the flip of the millennium.
This ebook proposes and validates a knowledge movement method of interpreting wisdom co-construction and predicting workforce functionality within the context of collaborative studying. moreover, it highlights the significance of socially shared legislation in collaborative studying, and illustrates intimately the way it could be analyzed and promoted.
- Teaching Electronic Literacy: A Concepts-Based Approach for School Library Media Specialists: A Concept-based Approach for School Library Media Specialists ... Professional Guides in School Librarianship)
- Learning Technology for Education in Cloud: 4th International Workshop, LTEC 2015, Maribor, Slovenia, August 24-28, 2015, Proceedings (Communications in Computer and Information Science)
- Describing and Studying Domain-Specific Serious Games (Advances in Game-Based Learning)
- Problemlösen lernen mit digitalen Medien: Förderung grundlegender Problemlösetechniken durch den Einsatz dynamischer Werkzeuge (Freiburger Empirische Forschung ... in der Mathematikdidaktik) (German Edition)
- The Power of Role-based e-Learning: Designing and Moderating Online Role Play (Connecting with E-learning)
Additional resources for Assistive Technologies for People with Diverse Abilities (Autism and Child Psychopathology Series)
Assistive Technologies for People with Diverse Abilities (Autism and Child Psychopathology Series) by Giulio E. Lancioni,Nirbhay N. Singh