By Frances M. Young
Read or Download Biblical Exegesis and the Formation of Christian Culture PDF
Similar christian reference books
This wide-ranging Reader offers a complete survey of the interplay among postcolonial feedback and religious study. Examines how a variety of empires similar to the Persian and Roman affected biblical narratives. Demonstrates how varied biblical writers comparable to Paul, Matthew and Mark dealt with the demanding situations of empire.
Outdated testomony Theology presents a foundational instrument for a theological studying of the outdated testomony. within the book's imperative chapters, John Kessler delineates six differing representations of the divine-human dating, with detailed emphasis at the form of reaction every one conjures up from the folk of God.
The Liber Regularum, written by means of Tyconius within the Fourth Century A. D. , was once the 1st process of biblical interpretation proposed by means of a Latin theologian. Augustine used to be very drawn to this paintings and integrated a unprecedented summation of it in his De doctrina christiana. even supposing this remedy insured the upkeep of the paintings and its lasting reputation, Augustine's precis grew to become larger recognized than the unique.
The Psalter as Witness considers the complexity of the Psalms in addition to their function in bearing witness to the theological claims that contain Israel’s traditions. whereas no unmarried quantity can effectively trap the total variety of the Psalter’s theology, those chapters offer rich reflection on major subject matters in chosen psalms, in collections of psalms, or even around the constitution of the Psalter itself.
- Bible and Transformation: The Promise of Intercultural Bible Reading (Semeia Studies Book 81)
- The Gospel of John: A Theological Commentary
- Pontius Pilate in History and Interpretation (Society for New Testament Studies Monograph Series)
- The New Testament: The New Testament: A Student's Introduction
- Conflict and Community in Corinth: Socio-rhetorical Commentary on 1 and 2 Corinthians
- Transforming Boasting of Self into Boasting in the Lord: The Development of the Pauline Periautologia in 2 Cor 10–13 (Studies in Judaism)
Extra info for Biblical Exegesis and the Formation of Christian Culture
Biblical Exegesis and the Formation of Christian Culture by Frances M. Young