By Annette Weissenrieder
Read Online or Download Borders: Terminologies, Ideologies, and Performances (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament) PDF
Similar religious philosophy books
People are exact of their skill to mirror on themselves. lately a couple of students have mentioned that human self-conceptions have a heritage. rules of human nature within the West have constantly been formed by way of the interaction of philosophy, theology, technology, and expertise. the quick speed of advancements within the latter spheres (neuroscience, genetics, man made intelligence, biomedical engineering) demand clean reflections on what it potential, now, to be human, and for theological and moral judgments on how we would form our personal future sooner or later.
A global ever extra commonly interlinked is looking out for serving human pursuits broader and extra compelling than these inspiring our technological welfare. The interface among cultures – in the mean time specially among the Occident and Islam – offers demanding situations to mutual understandings and demands restoring the assets of our humans forgotten within the fight of pageant and contention on the very important spheres of lifestyles.
This ebook examines a few landmark shifts in our account of the connection among human and divine lifestyles, as mirrored in the course of the notion of time and corporeal adventure. Drawing jointly the superior students within the box, this booklet offers a consultant cross-section of influential traits within the philosophy of faith (e.
’Mystical theology’ has built via various meanings, from the hidden dimensions of divine importance within the community’s interpretation of its scriptures to the a lot later ’science’ of the soul’s ascent into communion with God. The thinkers and questions addressed during this booklet attracts us into the center of a classy, appealing, and infrequently tantalisingly unfinished dialog, carrying on with over centuries and infrequently brushing allusively into parallel issues in different religions.
- Speaking of God in Thomas Aquinas and Meister Eckhart: Beyond Analogy (Ashgate New Critical Thinking in Religion, Theology and Biblical Studies)
- Natural Religion and the Nature of Religion: The Legacy of Deism (Routledge Library Editions: Philosophy of Religion)
- Who One Is: Book 1: Meontology of the "I": A Transcendental Phenomenology: 189 (Phaenomenologica)
- Judaism and the West: From Hermann Cohen to Joseph Soloveitchik (New Jewish Philosophy and Thought)
- Reason, Spirit and the Sacral in the New Enlightenment: Islamic Metaphysics Revived and Recent Phenomenology of Life: 5 (Islamic Philosophy and Occidental Phenomenology in Dialogue)
Additional info for Borders: Terminologies, Ideologies, and Performances (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
Borders: Terminologies, Ideologies, and Performances (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament) by Annette Weissenrieder