By Andrew Defty
Read Online or Download Britain, America and Anti-Communist Propaganda 1945-53: The Information Research Department (Studies in Intelligence) PDF
Best uk history books
This publication bargains a completely up to date and accomplished advisor to faith in Britain on account that 1945. A crew of prime students offer a clean research and evaluation, with a specific concentrate on variety and alter. They examine:relations among non secular and secular ideals and institutionsthe evolving function and standing of the church buildings the expansion and ‘settlement’ of non-Christian non secular communitiesthe unfold and diversification of other spiritualitiesreligion in welfare, schooling, media, politics and lawtheoretical views on non secular swap.
The British ambassador in Washington through the US Civil warfare and ambassador in Paris prior to and after the Franco-Prussian battle, Lord Lyons (1817-1887) used to be essentially the most vital diplomats of the Victorian interval. even supposing often featured in histories of the us and Europe within the moment 1/2 the 19th century, and in discussions and analyses of British international coverage, he has remained an ill-defined determine.
Most renowned because the writer of "Gulliver's Travels", Jonathan quick (1667-1745) was once some of the most vital propagandists and satirists of his day. This examine seeks to contextualize speedy in the political area of his day.
A range of papers from the thirteenth Viking Congress concentrating on the northern, critical, and japanese areas of Anglo-Saxon England colonised through invading Danish armies within the overdue ninth century, referred to as the Danelaw. This quantity contributes to the various unresolved scholarly debates surrounding the concept that, and quantity of the Danelaw.
- Visions of Sodom: Religion, Homoerotic Desire, and the End of the World in England, c. 1550-1850
- The Foundations of Gentry Life: The Multons of Frampton and their World 1270-1370 (The Past and Present Book Series)
- The Politics of Provisions: Food Riots, Moral Economy, and Market Transition in England, c. 1550–1850 (History of Retailing and Consumption)
- Military Internees, Prisoners of War and the Irish State during the Second World War (Palgrave Pivot)
- Sustaining Belief: The Church of Worcester from c.870 to c.1100 (Studies in Early Medieval Britain and Ireland)
- The Englishwoman's Review of Social and Industrial Questions: 1879: Volume 12 (Routledge Library Editions: The Englishwoman's Review of Social and Industrial Questions)
Additional resources for Britain, America and Anti-Communist Propaganda 1945-53: The Information Research Department (Studies in Intelligence)
Britain, America and Anti-Communist Propaganda 1945-53: The Information Research Department (Studies in Intelligence) by Andrew Defty