By Linda Woodhead,Rebecca Catto
This e-book deals an absolutely up to date and entire consultant to faith in Britain seeing that 1945. A staff of major students supply a clean research and evaluate, with a specific specialise in range and alter. They examine:
- relations among non secular and secular ideals and institutions
- the evolving function and standing of the church buildings
- the progress and ‘settlement’ of non-Christian spiritual communities
- the unfold and diversification of other spiritualities
- religion in welfare, schooling, media, politics and law
- theoretical views on non secular change.
The quantity offers the newest study, together with effects from the largest-ever study initiative on faith in Britain, the AHRC/ESRC faith and Society Programme. Survey chapters are mixed with specific case stories to offer either breadth and intensity of insurance. The textual content is followed by way of appropriate images and a spouse website.
Read or Download Religion and Change in Modern Britain PDF
Best uk history books
This booklet bargains a completely up to date and finished consultant to faith in Britain when you consider that 1945. A workforce of best students supply a clean research and evaluation, with a selected specialize in range and alter. They examine:relations among non secular and secular ideals and institutionsthe evolving position and standing of the church buildings the expansion and ‘settlement’ of non-Christian non secular communitiesthe unfold and diversification of different spiritualitiesreligion in welfare, schooling, media, politics and lawtheoretical views on spiritual switch.
The British ambassador in Washington in the course of the US Civil struggle and ambassador in Paris earlier than and after the Franco-Prussian warfare, Lord Lyons (1817-1887) used to be some of the most vital diplomats of the Victorian interval. even though often featured in histories of the us and Europe within the moment half the 19th century, and in discussions and analyses of British overseas coverage, he has remained an ill-defined determine.
Most famed because the writer of "Gulliver's Travels", Jonathan speedy (1667-1745) was once probably the most very important propagandists and satirists of his day. This examine seeks to contextualize speedy in the political enviornment of his day.
A variety of papers from the thirteenth Viking Congress concentrating on the northern, primary, and japanese areas of Anglo-Saxon England colonised by way of invading Danish armies within the overdue ninth century, often called the Danelaw. This quantity contributes to some of the unresolved scholarly debates surrounding the idea that, and quantity of the Danelaw.
- Infant Mortality and Working-Class Child Care, 1850-1899
- The Social Politics of Medieval Diplomacy: Anglo-German Relations (1066-1307) (Studies In Medieval And Early Modern Civilization)
- Anglo-Saxon Farms and Farming (Medieval History and Archaeology)
- Rich Apparel: Clothing and the Law in Henry VIII's England
Additional resources for Religion and Change in Modern Britain
Religion and Change in Modern Britain by Linda Woodhead,Rebecca Catto