By A. Lawrie
Read or Download The Beginnings of University English: Extramural Study, 1885-1910 PDF
Similar british & irish contemporary literature books
This assortment discusses British and Irish lifestyles writings through ladies within the interval 1700-1850. It argues for the significance of women's lifestyles writing as a part of the tradition and perform of eighteenth-century and Romantic auto/biography, exploring the complicated relationships among buildings of femininity, existence writing varieties and versions of authorship.
Protecting a variety of journal paintings, together with enhancing, representation, poetry, needlework guide and typesetting, this booklet presents clean insights into the participation of girls within the nineteenth-century journal industry.
Drawing upon contemporary scholarship in Renaissance reviews concerning notions of the physique, political, actual and social, this examine examines how the satiric tragedians of the English Renaissance hire the languages of intercourse - together with sexual slander, titillation, insinuation and obscenity - within the carrier of satiric aggression.
‘Before Einstein’ brings jointly earlier scholarship within the box of nineteenth-century literature and technological know-how and significantly expands upon it, supplying the 1st book-length research of not just the clinical and cultural context of the spatial fourth measurement, but in addition the literary price of 4-dimensional idea.
- Overcoming Matthew Arnold: Ethics in Culture and Criticism
- Richard Hakluyt and Travel Writing in Early Modern Europe (Hakluyt Society, Extra Series V.47)
- Dirt in Victorian Literature and Culture: Writing Materiality (Routledge Studies in Nineteenth Century Literature)
- History and Community: Essays in Victorian Medievalism: Volume 5 (Routledge Library Editions: Historiography)
- Victorian Women and the Economies of Travel, Translation and Culture, 1830–1870 (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- Transatlantic Literary Exchanges, 1790–1870: Gender, Race, and Nation (Ashgate Series in Nineteenth-Century Transatlantic Studies)
Additional resources for The Beginnings of University English: Extramural Study, 1885-1910
The Beginnings of University English: Extramural Study, 1885-1910 by A. Lawrie